Blush is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
A modern busy lifestyle leaves us feeling drained. There are many pollutants in the air that damage our skin.
So a healthy lifestyle is essential for glowing skin. What you eat shows on your skin, so fill your plate with nutrient-rich food. Here are seven superfoods you must add in your diet for healthy and glowing skin.
Blueberries are delicious in taste, and they benefit your skin in many ways. They are low in calories and contain vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, which is an antioxidant. Antioxidants stimulate collagen production, which is essential for youthful skin.
Here are some benefits of blueberries :
- Anti-aging: Face masks are a key to glowing skin and when it comes to a blueberries face mask, it is an excellent anti-aging face mask. It also moisturizes our skin.
- Cures acne: Acne caused due to excess dirt inside your skin pores. Blueberries are rich in fibers, which help in this kind of damage. The mask is prepared with crushed blueberries, citrus, and honey applied once a day for 15-20 mins to reduce acne.
- Under-eye darkness: Teenagers nowadays face eye darkness a lot due to many reasons. Blueberries contain vitamin A and C, which helps in reducing under-eye darkness and dark spots.
Avocado oil is used in cooking. Apart from its uses in cooking it contributes to skincare too. It is rich in fatty acids, vitamin A, C, and E, potassium, lecithin, and many essential nutrients, which are good for our skin. It consists of 73 percent water, 15 percent fat, 8.5 percent carbohydrates, and 2 percent protein.
- Moisturizes skin: Avocados contain many essential nutrients that keep our skin healthy and glowing. The outermost layer of skin known as the epidermis can absorb these nutrients easily. The oil in avocado can go through the skin, which nourishes, softens and moisturizes the skin.
- Helps in treating psoriasis and eczema: Psoriasis is a skin disorder in which skin cells tend to multiply 10 times faster. Due to that skin builds up into bumpy red patches covered with white scales. With eczema, skin becomes red, itchy, dry, and cracked. It is not a curable disease. Treatment focuses on healing damaged skin. Avocado oil mixed in vitamin B12 cream eases psoriasis. The antioxidants and vitamins in the avocado oil help to heal dry, itchy, and cracked skin associated with psoriasis and eczema.
- Treats sunburned skin: Sunburn is very common nowadays, and it makes our skin red and itchy. But if u know about avocados, you can get rid of it. The healthy fats, minerals, and antioxidants in avocado hydrate and nourish our skin. All you need is to mash up half of a ripe avocado and apply it directly to your sunburn. You can mix it with aloe vera or olive oil for better results.
Dark chocolate comes in the favorites list for most of the people. Apart from its delicious taste, it is good for our skin health. You need to make sure you’re not eating a variety that is loaded with high calories.
- Prevents premature aging: To prevent premature aging, look for a bar of dark chocolate with at least 70 percent cocoa and maximum antioxidants. It improves collagen content, and boosts our circulation which delays the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and reduces dark spots and pigmentation
- Promotes cell growth: Essential minerals like zinc, copper, and iron promote cell growth, which nourishes our skin and makes it look younger. It also helps in detoxifying skin, which makes our skin fresh and radiant
Walnuts are rich in omega 3 fats, and a higher amount of antioxidants than most other foods. It is rich in various vitamins and minerals like copper, vitamin b6, folic acid, vitamin E, etc. That's why it has a great significance in improving skin health.
- For glowing skin: Add 2 teaspoon oats, 4 walnuts, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon cream and 4 drops of olive oil in a blender, blend it well, and then apply it to your face and let it dry. Rinse off with warm water while massaging in a circular motion. This face mask is a great way to get healthy and glowing skin.
- Reduces scars: As compared to other nuts, walnuts contain a high amount of a special form of vitamin E called gamma-tocopherol. It helps in reducing scars.
NOTE: Some people are allergic to nuts, so you should know what your body accepts, because people who are allergic to it suffer its consequences.
Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin K and C, potassium and folate. They are also a good source of fiber, which improves the appearance and health of our skin. It is rich in lycopene, which may protect against sunburn. It is a fruit, and can be used as a vegetable too.
- Natural bleaching agent: They are loaded with antioxidants, which helps in lightening of skin tone. Prepare a face mask by mixing 1 teaspoon of oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of yogurt and 2 teaspoons of tomato pulp. leave it for 20 minutes, and then rinse off with normal water. It helps in clearing blemishes.
- Natural astringent: The acidic nature of tomatoes helps in clearing acne, and its scars, which makes it a perfect natural astringent. You can rub tomato slice directly on your skin, which makes your skin glow naturally.
Fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, and herring are very good for skin health. They are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids that are necessary to keep skin thick, healthy, and moisturized. It is also rich in vitamin E, which is a great antioxidant for your skin.
- Salmon: It is one of the superfoods for healthy skin. It helps in reducing inflammation, which can lead to the breakdown of collagen and elastin, which keep skin looking youthful. Due to its good level of healthy fat, it makes our skin healthier, which makes it glow.
- Mackerel: It is good in taste, and helps you in getting more vitamin k, which helps in reducing inflammation, redness, and swelling. It heals the skin so well, and keeps it healthy. Adding it to your diet is a good option for skin health.
Green tea is a great start to your day as it is good for your physical health as well as skin health. It contains a powerful antioxidant called EGCG that prevents skin cancer. It contains vitamin B2 and vitamin E, and both are essential for your skin health. It supports new cell growth and also hydrates our skin.
- Home remedy for puffy eyes: If you experiencing puffiness around your eyes then green tea is a good remedy for it. It is suggested that the combination of caffeine and a cold compress helps in it. Also according to an article, the caffeine reduces swelling and inflammation. Use black or green tea bag as a cold compress under the eyes.
- Antibacterial agent: It is a powerful antibacterial agent for treating acne and unclogging pores. Propionibacterium acnes is the name of the bacteria that lives on the skin and contributes to the infection of acne. It is very important to kill systematic bacterial inflammation for smoother skin. Green tea helps with that, and you get a toned and smooth skin.