Blush is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Winter is coming!
As promised, here is a Winter Blues look for you guys. As you saw on my Insta, this is a nice cool toned eye look with a neutral lip and a touch of frosted gloss.
This article also is the launch of my new YOUTUBE CHANNEL! I am so, so excited to share this with you guys. The links in the video section of this article are to my first TWO videos of my channel, both based around this look.
Tim and I have been working on various photoshoots for you guys, also some videos that have a more serious message. As you guys are aware, my first article for Vocal was called “Mum, I’m in Love With A Gaslighter.” I will be writing a follow up article to accompany a video that I created upon getting responses from this article. It was really moving to have people reach out to me with their own experiences of abusive relationships, such honesty and courage should not go unnoticed and unappreciated, so thank you so much to those of you who got in contact with me, I always love to hear from you guys. I hope for all my platforms of social medias to be a “safe space” for you guys, whether it is discussing the wonderful world of makeup or getting to grips with the harder topics that I feel need to be spoken about. We live in a world where negative attitudes can often feel overly dominating, so let’s make the @justwingit.kim platform a nice place to grab a highlighter and chat safely.
Please feel free to comment on my videos or get in touch with me via my @justwingit.kim Instagram to let me know what kind of videos or looks you would like to see in the New Year! Please show Tim (my editor) some love too, and check out his Instagram @timpowersdesign
The products I used are as follows:
- Dior Forever Foundation 010
- Revolution Ghost Whitener (I mix this with my Dior Foundation, as I LOVE the foundation however it does oxidize to a few shades darker, so for my paler friends looking to buy this foundation, I would highly suggest investing in a mixer to ensure you can get the right shade for you!)
- Too Faced Setting Powder
- Freedom Brow Duo Powder in Dark Brown
- Makeup Revolution Blush Melt Pallette
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Pallette
- MUA Tropical Oceana Eyeshadow Pallette
- Makeup Revolution Mermaids Forever Pallette
- Barry M Highlighter Drops in Moon Potion
- Stargazer Glitter (Holographic white to blue)
- Sleek "I'm Conditional" mascara
- 3ina Blush in 203
- 3ina Bronzer in 105
- EVE LOM concealer in 1 Alabaster
- Seventeen Concealer in Extra Fair
- I Heart Makeup Highlighter Unicorn Heart
- Nyx Liquid Suede in 07
- Kiko 3D Hydra Lip Gloss in 19
- Jeffree Star Skin Frost in Crystal Ball
The main feature of this look definitely has to be the Barry M Highlighter drops in Moon Potion. I used it as the main feature of the cut crease eye, and the base of my highlighter—it is perfect for that icy glow you want at winter time.
Tip: BE NOT AFRAID OF BLINDING HIGHLIGHT! Experiment in layering highlighters of your choice to create your own unique glow. Also try using things for what they aren't labeled for. Most makeup products can be extremely versatile. Go play!
I hope you love this look as much as I do. Please keep watch of my Instagram for upcoming articles and there is some exciting BIG NEWS on the way! Can't wait to share it with you guys.
Until then, wrap up warm! Have an awesome winter.